Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your music taste like?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #77 (permalink)
Automatic Slim
Music Addict

I have 2 big loves in music: metal and jazz. I also listen to classic rock, blues, and classical semi-regularly. Sometimes I listen to dark ambient and country.

I grew up on country, blue grass, folk and the blues. I was introduced to metal via grunge, and retain a soft spot for grunge, especially Alice in Chains and Tad .

My favorite variety of metal is doom/sludge/stoner, etc., but I also enjoy thrash and some folk black and viking death metal. I generally prefer an aggressive or depressing sound with some element of melody.

Sometimes I go on an 80's power metal binge, which is quite strange, given that I did not listen to metal until the early 90's. My favorite bands in this style are Judas Priest and Dio. I also love Blue Oyster Cult, however they are classified.

My jazz favorites are Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane, Sidney Bechet, Dizzy Gillespie, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, and Coleman Hawkins. I love swing and bop, but haven't gotten into avante garde jazz (unless you count Coltrane). I don't generally listen to smooth jazz, but I make an exception for Spyro Gyra.

Last edited by Automatic Slim; 12-12-2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: spelling
Automatic Slim is offline   Reply With Quote