Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #2732 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Was King for A Day, Fool for A Lifetime your favorite FNM album? I remember finding it in the used CDs bin for five bucks unexpectedly. A great album, but I'm quite fond of Live at Brixton Academy and of course, We Care a Lot.
i don't know actually, these days it's probably Angel Dust but yeah, used to rock that album daily. Chuck Moseley was a card, imagine him doing the vocals on king for a day, patton basically ruined that 80's goon metal thing, you do miss the big cardigans and colourful gym shorts though

right, i've been having a Buzzcocks revival, the initial run of albums from '77-'79; going to have to use that word 'perfect' again, because the enduring myth of them being a singles band is total rubbish. A friend the other day brought up the notion that Buzzcocks were definitely post-punk... because this simplified music press delineation of punk/post-punk doesn't cut it for so many bands, these guys included. Pete Shelley's universally-personal pop songwriting may be the other side of the coin to former bandmate Howard Devoto's art school intellectualism with Magazine; but both had moved beyond the basic punk blueprint by 1977. And if you still need convincing, 'Another Music..' bears the traits of the generic 'post-punk' sound, it's a lot more repetitive and brutal than the others, driving and very Krautrock-like with the drumming in places. But still catchy as hell. They were definitely trailblazers, however the combination of the punk ethos with pop sensibilities was completely mangled (sorry) later on by Californians IMO. I mean like second or third wave, not the Descendents et al =p
what do YOU think?

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote