Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favourite album of 2009
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

if you want a track list check google.

Tortoise - Beacons of Ancestorship - After seeming like they were content to cruise on autopilot and substantiate themselves on side projects the members from Tortoise dropped this disc earlier this summer and managed to release a collection of tracks that draws just as much from their past as well as their contemporaries while still maintaining their unique approach to music. at times sounding like early atmospheric Aphex Twin, recent harder rocking Squarepusher, and even Radiohead on the closing track, it's a collection of fresh music that always offers something more with each listen.

Air - Love2 - A return to form for the French pop duo. Just like Tortoise they go back to what works for them without really sounding like they're taking a step back or looking over their shoulder. the looseness of the instrumentals returns and i'm left to imagine how awesome the live jams become (and they DO know how to jam on stage). the romantic nature of the album can almost get overbearing at times, unlike their old method of relying on dark humour to counterbalance the romance the tracks end before becoming too cheesy. as i said in the Air thread, they're like Pink Floyd for lovers and this is the best album they've put out since Moon Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote