Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #477 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron9567 View Post
I am going to love to hear the excuse when this dooms day ends up being a dud. Just like all the ones before this ones. But knowing the media they will probably just act like they never said anything and stop talking about it all together.
Save your conversations now, because when the time arrives, the hardcore doomsdayers are going to say "You obviously didn't hear everything I said... I said the world MAY end on 2012."
Then they'll go on about how the media twisted their perspectives out of context and blew things out of proportion, and it will work because we're all used to the media doing that anyway. It's a convenient scapegoat that'll be used to save face. The sad thing about it is that it fits so nicely, even the proponents of these doomsday predictions will believe their own tailored stories and it won't be long until there arrives a new event to fear. And they'll be convinced that this time, this time, it's going to happen.

I think the saddest thing of all is that it's only a matter of time before one of these events are actually accurate. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. We can't go on existing forever, and eventually humanity is going to know when that end is near. I just think our time is better spent enjoying life with hope than not living it at all because of constant fear.