Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Animated Films?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #124 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

While it's not a film at all, I'm not sure where else to rant about my favorite show. By far the best show, series, or movie I've ever watched is:

Samurai Champloo

I knew I was going to like it from the first episode when the theme song was this amazing, chill hip hop song and the credits ended with the sun turning into a spinning record that said Samurai Champloo. I wouldn't write anything about this on here except for the fact that I think some members might actually really like this series. As far as anime goes, it's nothing like anything else I've seen. The show is pretty much based on taking some historic era of Japan and infusing it with hip hop culture. There's graffiti, rapping, breakdancing, and of course, the ever present instrumental hip hop playing through most of the show. Also, it completely does away with the idea of having characters with unnatural abilities and the two samurai don't have reservations about killing. You don't have to worry too often about having fights go through 3 episodes, because the shows only 26 episodes long and most of the fights end quickly. Pretty much, if you like hip hop and don't have an all out vendetta on anime, this is probably something you should watch. Also, I can't think of many things better to watch when you're high.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote