Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #1986 (permalink)
BTown
super cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Random question...

What are people's opinions on professionals who smoke pot? And doing marijuana in general and its illegality? Because I'm not going to lie, I used to regularly smoke weed for recreational purposes - never dangerously or irresponsibly - but I pretty much decided to bring my recreational drug use to a halt figuring that I am studying to be a teacher and it just seemed wrong for me to be doing such things when in the future I am going to be job that requires being principled, so to speak.

What do you guys think? The reality is that there are loads of 'professionals' out there who smoke pot but I think if I continued to use marijuana recreationally after I become qualified I would feel so guilty.

Just wondering what other people's opinions are, as it is an interesting topic for discussion.

EDIT: Even though I would never, ever smoke pot before or during work or before or during working with children, I would still completely remove the drug from my activity outside of school, on weekends, everything.

But is what you do outside of work still important in regards to the job you uphold in society? Is using marijuana outside of the professional environment the same as having a few drinks, in your opinion?
My english teacher smokes weed, and I don't think any less of her but kids give her a bunch of **** for doing it, it might just be because of her robot like personality in the class room or the fact that shes an honors teacher. Like when she misses school (which is pretty much every monday) kids will jokingly say she's probably smoking which is really unoriginal and never funny.

I don't look down on people (including professionals) that smoke pot but if someone like my study hall teacher did it I would think it was weird just because of her personality although I wouldn't really think differently of her but that really applies to a lot people.

She's probably the best teacher i've ever had though.

Last edited by BTown; 12-14-2009 at 12:10 PM.
BTown is offline   Reply With Quote