Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #1271 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
right, but who owns the rights to most of those? Nintendo, Sega, and Konami. there's little risk or cost for Nintendo or Sega to rehash their properties where it's going to be released on their own machine. same as there's little risk for Konami considering they're redoing the series that made them money back in the day for the same manufacturer.
Most of the big old school platformers were from Nintendo, Sega, Konami, Capcom and other companies that are still around.

Quote:
and it's not like Capcom has done anything besides rehash their IP since about 1991.
That's really only been the case for Street Fighter and a few of the Resident Evil games. Mega Man has a lot of games but they have been more along the lines of spinoffs than rehashes, Mega Man 9 was the first traditional Mega Man platformer in a really long time.

Capcom still has a lot of new original licenses like Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami and Dead Rising so it's very very wrong to say they haven't done anything original since 1991.

Quote:
Majesco owns A Boy and His Blob and can't turn a profit regardless of how awesome its games are so it's not really a stretch for them to redo what sold marginally well, gained a cult following, and doesn't really need to be rebuilt from the ground up, just repainted.
I have my fingers crossed for a new Kid Icarus game. A new Ristar or Alex Kidd would kick ass too.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote