Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #1275 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheDoor View Post
After now completing New Super Mario Bros Wii, I can safely say that it is my game of the year and a solid addition to the series. My worries that the single player experience would be a disappointment go unfounded as I found it to be both challenging and ingenious. The level design is fun and extremely entertaining/frustrating, just like every other great Mario game! When you introduce more than one player it does get a little too chaotic, but as long as you're in a good mood and not determined to complete the game with your friends then you should have a pile of fun.
On single player it's the easiest Mario game I've ever played, I bought this game 3 days ago and I've already made it to Bowser's castle. I dunno if it's that easy for everyone. Maybe I'm just the Mario master.

Being a total completionist though, collecting all the star coins, rescuing all the toads and finding all the secret routes may prove more challenging. Also, while this game can be beaten quickly, like any Mario game, the replay value is very high.

Multiplayer brings the challenge up to a considerable level, especially when you're playing with people of lesser skill or people who just want to sabotage you.

I haven't tried the battle mode yet.

I love the multiplayer but it's certainly gonna be tough as sh*t if you want to beat the game that way. We never got past world 2 on multiplayer.

But as great as the multiplayer is, the single player is the best. There's nothing holding you back and a big part of Mario is choosing weither to explore and collect goodies or zip through a level really fast. It's easy difficulty might turn off more hardcore players, but most Mario games after the NES trilogy have been pretty easy (Sunshine aside). It's easy because it's targeted towards people of all ages, and if you say you didn't have fun with this game you're lying.

This is pretty much the Wii GOTY, and yet another classic for the Mario series.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote