Music Banter - View Single Post - How satisfied are you with the way members are moderated?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #47 (permalink)
likuidcoka
MOuthWIdeSHut

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
You got a warning because in a mods opinion you intentionally insulted another member by saying their tattoo was retarded.
Before you accuse me of going on a power trip, I wasn't the mod that gave you the infraction.
Although it was well deserved.
Best advice I can give you is, if you don't have anything nice to say to a member...keep your opinions to yourself.
If you continue to be argumentative you'll just end up getting another.
ok thanks for your input.
Sorry for the misunderstanding I wasnt reffering to you in my POWER TRIP comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Well I'm a "real Mod" just the same as Pete is, so I'll answer your question.

I wasn't there, but just from what I'm seeing here I'd give my friends and family this same advice. You're new, and you're not terribly deferential. Theres nothing says that you have to be necessarily, but a good tip for life is thinking two steps ahead.

For being mildly cordial you'd be on the receiving end of a wealth of community, musical knowledge, and general good humor (not the ice cream). Like most things in life, Musicbanter is offering something - in this case experience. And we generally like to keep company with people who don't piss us off. Many of us are at the very least over 21 and we come here because we choose to. The mods are in place to keep members that improve the site. We keep them by removing ones we hate.

If you want to stay, I don't mind going to bat for you, but understand we're not some "skaterz vs. preps" chat room (sorry I had AOL when I was 13) and we're here for some semblence of community. We like it to preserve some social propriety.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
hmm....Well thats good to know.
But I do and have noticed "clique" ish behaviour from SOME MODS and certain members. But since IM still "new" I guess what I say really doesnt matter anyhow.
If im suppose to act all "fake" and kiss A$$ to get people to approve of my online -"personality" well then Id rather just say "**** it to the bucket"

my two cents