Music Banter - View Single Post - How satisfied are you with the way members are moderated?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #50 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
Real shit, I do still think this place has overbearing moderation, and I think that it gives the site a really young feel, like the majority of posters are preteen. It's like having parents or teachers, which doesn't feel right on the internet. But when all is said and done, I've talked a pretty good amount of shit to a few different mods, and never been shy about voicing my opinion, and I'm still here. It shows me that the heads that clean up this place are pretty fair, and probably less immature than me since I would've banned myself by now. So people that get banned probably deserve it. It's just the little warnings that annoy me.
Well you'll notice from our new friends post that they asked her not to call other people "retarded." Its not a facist dictum.

And when sites are unmoderated they turn into spam havens who have one-day posters that say things like ...

"i like yeah yeah yeahs karen o is so awesome. i like the last album wut about u"

And you've seen these before. Before any real mod decision we labor over it, with at least 4 people putting in their thoughts. No one here is swinging the ban hammer like its cool.