Music Banter - View Single Post - Rage Against the Machine for Christmas No. 1!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Personally, I think its a great idea, just like getting Jeff Buckley to #1 was a great idea last year. I'm sick to ****ing death of the X-****ing-Factor dictating what we get to hear EVERY THREE SECONDS at christmas. Sure, theres irony in such an anti-establishment song being #1 at all, let alone for christmas, but to me, the music industry needs a kick up the ass, and this is one way to do it.

And seriously, who cares if its just switching from being told to do one thing to being told to do another? At least with this one its pretty clear that everyone involved is doing it just to blow smoke up the x-factor, rather than actually just being STUPID and easily led.
But diehard music fans shouldn't really give two shit's what's number 1. I haven't for years and am still finding new music without having to worry about what mainstream fans listen to. TV is no better in that the populace are easily led and content being spoonfed what they should listen to or watch. Let them get on with it I say. Unfortunately downloading one song won't make the industry sit up and take notice.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote