Music Banter - View Single Post - Rage Against the Machine for Christmas No. 1!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
But diehard music fans shouldn't really give two shit's what's number 1. I haven't for years and am still finding new music without having to worry about what mainstream fans listen to. TV is no better in that the populace are easily led and content being spoonfed what they should listen to or watch. Let them get on with it I say. Unfortunately downloading one song won't make the industry sit up and take notice.
exactly. why are so many people here so concerned about what Simon Cowell does and the tripe he presents to the public?

considered from the perspective of food it makes music fan behaviour seem incredibly absurd. if someone is eating a Big Mac, do you gripe about the horrid nutritional content to everyone within earshot? do you confront the person and belittle their tastes because they could buy a steak at the butcher shop?

of course not. (unless they're eating it on the bus / subway and stinking up a small space)

but flip it over to music, WAAAHHHHHH someone is listening to disposable pop!!! no one should listen to that garbage! we need to send a message!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote