Music Banter - View Single Post - I've Been Working On The Same Painting For Like 3 Years..
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Da Vinci supposedly said, "Art is never finished, it is merely abandoned." I think that describes the reality of the creative process pretty well.
But I agree more with Dali (the artist) when he said, 'an artist knows when to stop', sometimes more is less. When you get to the most powerful version of your painting, adding to it can just ruin it, it can just become a caricature of the thing you tried to do.

I say if a painting isn't nearly finished in 3 months, just abandon it and start from scratch. Usually kicking and destroying the canvas helps a lot more than just painting over it.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote