Music Banter - View Single Post - Rage Against the Machine for Christmas No. 1!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
But diehard music fans shouldn't really give two shit's what's number 1. I haven't for years and am still finding new music without having to worry about what mainstream fans listen to. TV is no better in that the populace are easily led and content being spoonfed what they should listen to or watch. Let them get on with it I say. Unfortunately downloading one song won't make the industry sit up and take notice.
I don't give a **** either, but then again, even with that in mind, x-factor is IMPOSSIBLE to ignore. Literally. You could wall yourself in your house with a hose and a crate of supernoodles, kettle at the ready with a vat of coca cola, and you would STILL somehow find out what was going on on x-factor. Its THAT bloody annoying.

With that in mind, can you understand why some of us are jumping at the chance to knock it around a little for the sake of making a point? The only reason these crappy singles are getting anywhere is because they have what is basically the worlds biggest ad campaign behind them. An ad campaign which makes money on its own no less, which then releases a single which makes even MORE money and gives us yet ANOTHER mediocre celebrity C-Lister to show up everywhere for the next year or two.

And no it won't make the industry as a whole sit up and take notice of how pissed off a lot of fans are at the mickey mouse operation the UK business has become, but god damn its better than nothing.

And Dave - refer to my above comment. Your mcdonalds analogy isn't quite valid. I for one don't care if people listen to pop music or not, i like a lot of pop acts to be honest, but its not a case of 'someone sitting there eating a big mac' as if its an unobtrusive and ignorable thing.

Its a case of twenty people sat around you, ALL eating big macs, while talking about eating big macs, then when they've finished eating, they turn around to discuss how that big mac compared to the one they ate five minutes earlier, at length and in great insufferable detail, while STILL somehow managing to not even touch on one aspect of the taste or nutrition, judging their big mac solely on how hilarious it looked or how pristine perfect it was in its portrayal of big macness. I have honestly TRIED to avoid knowing anything about x-factor this year. I have still failed because people INSIST on discussing it with me. They will ask me if I've seen it and when I say no they WILL TELL ME ABOUT IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote