Music Banter - View Single Post - Rage Against the Machine for Christmas No. 1!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshat View Post
Who's dictating what you get to hear? Is it the music industries duty to provide you with quality songs. Are they some kind of public service, and they need to be held accountably?..what a crock of ****.
Read the above for an explanation of exactly why this phenomena pisses people off man. It is absolutely 100% inescapable. I haven't watched TV regularly in 5 years, my TV at home isn't even plugged in and I do all of my show watching through downloads and DVDs. I could not possibly be further removed from X-Factor unless I were to cut off contact with everyone I know.

Despite this, facebook, family, friends, and even random strangers on trains, or taxi drivers, all conspire to ENSURE that every single week, WITHOUT FAIL, I know what has just happened on the X-Factor. Then, without fail, the X-Factor single, another pedestrian, dull, boring cover of another far more interesting classic song to which Simon Cowell owns the rights, is christmas number one, and it becomes nigh on impossible to escape its musical butchery if placed within earshot of a radio for more than ten minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote