Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst 3 Rappers of All Time?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 02:27 AM   #171 (permalink)
Captain Awesome
On A Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourmeanother View Post
Good lyricism isn't blatant, and I don't see it as black and white. I asked what you think makes a good lyricist- because I was genuinely curious what your measure was- and you deflected the question.
Good and bad lyricism is fact not opinion. It is very simple.

To repeat myself yet again

"internal rhymes, offbeat rhymes, multiple syllable rhyming, alliteration, assonance rhyming, metaphors, wordplay, personification, hyperbole, similies, double entendres...i could continue the list but i feel like i'm wasting my time."

if you had read ALL of my posts you would see i had already answered your question^ i wasn't deflecting i was just tired of repeating myself.

Anyone who knows anything about lyricism will agree with me that eminem is nowhere near the level he was at.

Liking what he's talking about, liking his flow, liking his delivery, liking his production this is all opinion. Even liking the lyricism is opinion. But whether or not he is using it is entirely fact. How can you not understand this? I'm viewing this from an entirely unbiased technical viewpoint. Does he use those techniques? No. Did he use those techniques before? Yes. That is the difference. His writing has gradually become lazier and lazier. His rhymes are very basic one syllable rhymes and he very rarely uses any of the techniques i mentioned. This makes him a bad lyricist. Whether that makes him a bad rapper or not is your opinion. But i'm a big fan of the pure, raw and original hip hop. Like lowkey said;

"Before it was about street credibility
When it was he's alright but he's better lyrically"

"If we're all merely players in a play on this great stage,
the problem is the script writers ain't on the same page,
I echo through the mountain when I'm singing in the air,
from my lab a lad with lavish lyrics living in his lair."

"Wake up and listen, hear what's not for the public's ears
Pinocchio poets played by profiting puppeteers"
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote