Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Beatle song?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Awesometastic
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
"Helter Skelter." Ruins the White Album for me.
That's an awesome song. The driving energy and heavy guitar work often leads it to be credited as one of the forerunners to the hard rock movement that would follow in the 70s. Sure the lyrics aren't particularly deep or anything, but the song is rocking. Even if you don't think it's great, it's empirically far from their worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
Most of the songs before Rubber Soul are utter shite. A few notable exceptions aside, it's dull, bland, commercial bubblegum pop. After that we have a few crappy tracks that really stand out in their awfulness. Run For Your Life and Revolution 9 comes to mind.
You should listen to Help! because it's an incredible album. Songs like Yesterday, I've Just Seen a Face, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Ticket to Ride, I Need You, and others are absolutely great, and are basically a foreshadowing of what was to come on Rubber Soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog View Post
Hi, for me its 'Dont Pass Me By'. Now that i think of it, any song Ringo sings is crap. How bout you?
Don't pass me by is also a great, fun tune, and probably Ringo's best song. I think both the drumming and violin arrangements are pretty damn inspired here. Again, even if you don't like it, there are much worse Beatles tunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
this. add to that Maxwell's Silver Hammer and anything else Ringo tried to write. things really turned out the wrong way for the Beatles. John got shot, Paul got divorced, George got cancer and Ringo is still alive.
And don't get me started on Ringo bashing. He was a great drummer. Absolutely great. He was a very creative percussionist and always fit the song perfectly, never over or underplaying. He has flawless timing and a very recognizable and relaxed style. Any band would be lucky to have a drummer like Ringo.

If you guys want to find the real worst Beatles tracks, it would have to be one of their throwaway tracks like "Wild Honey Pie" or one of their experimental tracks that didn't work at all, like "Revolution 9." There is no musical value to speak of there.

Also, hi everyone.
Awesometastic is offline   Reply With Quote