Music Banter - View Single Post - What ever happened to Music Eras
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #80 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

I have no idea what the 00's will be defined as. Honestly I'm starting to think an era isn't defined by what actually goes on in the decade in question as much as what happens in the next decade. I think if we were to have a total collapse of all pop music and there was a huge surge of underground music being given away for free, for example, then this era would be defined as the pop era- because there was a lot of popular pop and then there wasn't. On the other hand, if pop music gets more popular and underground music all becomes mainstream and cheesy, then this decade would be defined as the underground era before the big pop movement.

In the future, if I had to guess, I think music will eventually become free and artists will just be playing gigs for money. I have no idea how that will effect the music though. It could go in pretty much any direction at this point, but whatever happens, I think it would have to be on a notable scale. Whatever the mass of people do this decade and the next, that's what will be most likely to define the era.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote