Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten PUNK Bands (post fall out boy at own risk)
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 12:15 AM   #254 (permalink)
lieasleep
Music Addict

^of course adrew jackson jihad is punk, i wanted to throw one folk-punk band into the mix, i guess what i see in those bands are all of them selling out, they all got big on the "punk" image and then went on to make complete **** for nothing but money. something that is not punk, at all.

also the hives are far from punk now, are they not? the last two albums have not been punk at all. arguably three. also, bad brains was a cheap shot considering they are about as punk as it comes.

the point that i am trying to make is that musically, a band may be punk, but if what drives the band is not punk then that defeats the purpose entirely. punk really lies in everything not musical just as much as the music itself. it is attitude, ideals, etc. Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains (since i see it on your last fm) is entirely punk, despite coming in a folk wrapping, patti smith is punx as fux. blink, green day, afi, they put out a few decent c.d.s that turned out to be ****ing lies. if you ask me, artists from the "indie" and "lo-fi" genres are more punk then them, despite their music being entirely un-punk.
lieasleep is offline   Reply With Quote