Music Banter - View Single Post - That 70's Thread - Anteater's Reviews Of Cool **** You Should Already Have
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 04:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

A great idea for a thread and agree with most of the comments about Rainbow above. I was never a fan of DP with David Coverdale in the band. As for Rainbow, I`m also a big fan of their first two albums and they could easily be described as power metal with their classical influences and keyboards along with their swords and sorcery Heavy metal image, as opposed to the satanic darker feel of Sabbath. These albums are certainly my favourites as far as Dio is concerned and Blackmore`s best work in his post DP days.

After this it was all downhill really, as they like some of their counterparts such as UFO and Uriah Heep etc steered into a much easier listening radio commercial sound. Admittedly they were capable of releasing catchy songs such as "Since You`ve Been Gone" and "I Surrender" As good as these songs were, they`re probably not the kind of thing that a metal head wants to hear, from a band that were capable of producing much better.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote