Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #136 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

SONG: Worrisome Heart
ARTIST: Melody Gardot
ALBUM: Worrisome Heart

One of Jackhammer's threads brought my attention to this woman so I have him to thank for this beautiful piece of music. I downloaded it just last night and I've already listened to it numorous times.

Just like my other favorite genres, classic country, blues, soul, reggae- jazz (especially this song) awakens something deep inside me that I didn't even know was there. When I listen to this song, I have a sudden urge to throw on my beret and trench coat and lounge all day in the corner of a dark jazz club puffing on fine cigars and sipping red wine.

This song couldn't be any more smooth, sensual, and cool than it already is. Its all in that woman's voice. She is a vixen. I don't understand how her voice can be so soft, yet be so intense and powerful in those whispery moments. And the soft piano and horn accompaniment in the background in beyond sublime. Not to mention that bass, mmm! Not a single note in the entire piece gets very loud at all, yet after the song is finished, I feel blown away. I also love the dark and rainy urban atmosphere of it. When I listen to this song, I'm not in Kansas anymore. And I think thats what I love most about it.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote