Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 01:52 AM   #2815 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

I've been listening to this lately - it's Fripp, Barry Andrews and Sara Lee (funny name I know) doing danceable new wave/pop. In all honesty it is rather patchy and was probably intended to be more of a s[color=black]hits and giggles jam than a serious studio recording, but songs like the one below are fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
Satta Massagana by The Abyssinians (1976)

An absolute work of art. 10/10 Can't even attempt to pick a favorite song of it because they are all so wonderful. I mostly like it because of how natural and primal it sounds, none of those sythesized elements- which is my favorite kind of reggae.
And how cool is that album artwork? Its now the background on my computer
Cool album that, JH turned me onto it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post

Polvo - In Prism (2009)

What's this? A new math rock album that doesn't sound like ideas that have been beaten to death a thousand times over. The same group who brought energetic post-punk back to the forefront redefined themselves on this album, and a superb transition it is. Might even eclipse Today's Active Lifestyles on their depth chart.
I particularly liked this video - like their earlier work, it too gives me the whole "wtf this sounds like no band i've ever heard but it's awesome" vibe. Definitely gonna check this out.