Music Banter - View Single Post - Cirrus
Thread: Cirrus
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselboy View Post
Yeah, I suppose commercial would be a good word to describe a few of their tunes. I personally wouldn't use that word to describe them to someone, because it just makes it sounds bad I think. Even if some of their songs would reach out to a mainstream crowd...they're just done so well that it doesn't even bother me in the slightest, and I still enjoy them immensely.

I do think Countereit is "a grower" though, yeah. It's enjoyable the first few listens, but once you give it those extra spins and start learning the in's and out's of every song, you really start to appreciate the album as a whole so much more.

If you wanna check out the first two CDs just lemme know btw, pm or whatever.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I mean, what kinds of horrors come to mind when you hear the words 'commercial dance music' in the same sentence! Don't get me wrong, I listen to plenty of commercial and mainstream music myself, so that's why I wouldn't really call those bits on Counterfeit bad by any stretch of the imagination.

I've got quite a bit of new music on my plate at the minute, but when I start looking for those other two albums again and need a helping hand, I'll let you know.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote