Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 01:21 AM   #9534 (permalink)
Raoul1962
Groupie

Default Them Crooked Vutures

Hi All,

I recently bought the new self titled album of ""Them Crooked Vultures". I am a huge huge fan of the Foo fighters and love the music Dave Grohl has produced over the years. I am also a fan of Led Zeplin, well at least followed Robert plant and Jimmy Page for quite a while.

After listening to the music of the combination of John Paul Jones, Joshua Homme and Dave Grohl, I can see where the name of the band came from. The music is absolute crap. I haven't listened to Queens of the stone age but I know Grohl played drums for them quite a bit. I did take for granted that the music produced by Them Crooked vultures would be rock but none of it resembles anything that Grohl or Jones would write or maybe someone can put me straight.

Unless I am completely off the track, this thrown together band have found a way of easily ripping off fans of good music", especially Foo Fighters fans who have followed Grohl. What a mistake.

If you are one of those people who like good rock music, I would warn you to stay right away from them vultures because,as they say, they are very crooked.
Raoul1962 is offline   Reply With Quote