Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Battle
Thread: Metal Battle
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 04:12 AM   #526 (permalink)
DiSTANToblivion
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
Yeah, Dysrhythmia's not really all that "metal", but they are heavy as hell.

Let's see, this looks like Power Metal. I've never heard Paradise Lost (though I'm aware fo them), but let's give em a shot... It seems like its been edited for time. It's not bad. I'm surprised they're not bigger in the States because they're really catchy. I was expecting more operatic vocal styling a la James LaBrie. Thank god that's not the case. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of this vocal style either, but it is better than what I was expecting. Not bad. I'm guessing these guys have better stuff. 5/10
Yeah they do, I was just trying to find a more accessible song I guess. Youtubes quality plus that video were edited badly. The song normally sounds a lot better but they have shifted genres around a lot. Sometimes it's best for them to stick with what they're best at Goth/Doom Metal, not meant to be a pleasant listen

Onto your choice... I've got only one album by The Dillinger Escape Plan which I listened to once and never went back to. I wasn't prepared for the brutality. This hits you full-force and blasts you against the wall. I'm pulling that album out again I think, WHAT WAS I ON??
8.5/10 BRUTALITY

dunno if you consider this proper metal or not...
KARNIVOOL - SET FIRE TO THE HIVE

Last edited by DiSTANToblivion; 12-21-2009 at 04:20 AM.
DiSTANToblivion is offline   Reply With Quote