Music Banter - View Single Post - Sugar's Journey into the Unknown
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
BTown
super cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymilo View Post
I don't have any Massive Attack.

I also think that you shouldn't feel like you need to listen to what everyone else on the boards is listening to. First of all, there is a huge diversity on the boards, it's not just you who has a different taste than everybody else. And, second, you like what you like. However I am interested to see if you do check out much of the music being recommended on the boards, what you think of it.
I feel like there are a lot of similarities on here. Like I feel like if DInosaur Jr. or Operation Ivy where to be scorbbled on my Last.fm there wouldn't be any complaints. It seems like even if people don't like certain bands on here whoever they are they still get respect because the people who listen to them are respected if that makes sense.
Knowing that Jackhammer listens to Massive Attack tells me they are most likely a respectable band because he's given me some good recommendations in the past and seems like a smart guy.

This seems really interesting and I'm looking forward to it, are you taking open recommendations here or will you just be talking about recommendations people gave you elsewhere?