Music Banter - View Single Post - Punks who hate on Straight edge
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 01:49 AM   #71 (permalink)
daydreamdani
Groupie

I'm pretty sure Punk Is about individualism, that is as a philosophy of a way to live life instead of a genre of music. I remember the whole straight edge thing, but that was way back in 8th grade. Mostly it was poser stoners heckling "straight edgers" about not doing drugs. It's really pointless, drug use is going to happen, what does it matter if people are or are not? It reminds me of this little icon I saw that said "what is the difference between people with tats and people who dont have them? People with tats dont care if u don't have one. " In this instance people who use seem to care, but I don't. "You don't want any of my drugs? Oh, your straight edge? Oh, okay then, what ever, I'd still like to hear your crazy song" That is what I would have done in that situation.
Punk as a way of living is a beautiful thing. Expressing yourself, going agianst the "norm", it's all fairly good hearted, but so are straight edgers. I say worry about yourself, because if you focas too much on the worlds actions, you'll leave yourself behind.