Music Banter - View Single Post - Ten Year Anniversary of Kurt's Death
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eltiraaz
Music Addict

Nirvana didnt "get grunge going" they merely brough it to a wider audience, grunge was a purely Seattle thing until Nirvana became heard of, but they didn't create it, not by a long shot. Nine Inch Nails were the first grunge band to release an album, even though THAT album wasnt grunge. Grunge didnt magically appear when Nirvana came on the scene.

It sad, and I think its a cop-out.. from a man who had so much to offer the musical world to just end things like that, but I mean when you look at the guys life, its not very suprising...

His parents abandoned him at a young age, he grew up alone and confused. He lived in Seattle with the American city with the most depressing rainy days. His band was brought into the spotlight so suddenly that he was not equipped to handle the instant fame. He thought he had to live the rock-star life, to go along with the position, which meant drugs and lots of them.

I love Nirvana though, they influence they had on new music is astounding. I was *counts* 5 years old when it happened so I dont really remember but just like someone mentioned earlier, my cousin and uncle were really into Nirvana, so I learned alot about them at a young age.