Music Banter - View Single Post - Sugar's Journey into the Unknown
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
Urm... I actually don't think I have... I listened to a couple Massive Attack albums, a few Tricky albums, and some random thing by Portishead when I first started getting into trip hop and honestly none of them blew me away like some of the other bands I heard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to say Mezzanine isn't a rather good album at times, but I don't prefer it to a lot of what I've heard. In fact, I have Protection and Blue Lines as well, and I'd say I prefer Blue Lines (don't kill me). Tricky I didn't like at all, and Portishead I just never got around to revisiting. I just prefer stuff like Sixtoo, Telepopmusik, and most of all Dirty Elegance.

Sorry to hijack your thread there Sugar First review looks very good. Keep up the good work! Also, what did you listen to by The Shins? I definitely feel like Chutes Too Narrow is the most accessible album and probably the best place to start with them. But once you get into the band, Oh, Inverted World is a bit weirder but just as good. I can never decide which one I like more. I'd highly recommend listening to both, don't think Wincing the Night Away (their newest album) is nearly essential like the others.
Hey there, no worries, hehe.
I have yet to listen to the Shins, I'll hopefully be doing it soon.
Story sent me a link to Chutes Too Narrow, so I suppose I'll be starting with that.
What genre are they? I really have no idea.
Thank you for the recommendations. [=

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote