Music Banter - View Single Post - Beach house
Thread: Beach house
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
I've heard of Wye Oak and Lungfish, but I'm more interested in what bands from Philly are pushing out. These days I'm more upset about not being able to go into DC or Baltimore City for a show and worry about being mugged walking down the street than about what Baltimore based bands are putting out, it's ****ing rediculous. My Uncle and his girlfriend used to live on the same street as the Ottobar and they've had shootouts down the street and *******s trying to break in quite frequently.
I don't know about all that... Obviously neither cities are safe places to go. But I go to DC all over the place quite regularly and Baltimore on occasion and haven't had much trouble. For all the bands going there, it is well worth dealing with (though I imagine my tone would change if I was caught in a shootout walking to a concert). I haven't seen more than maybe a fight or two in all the times I've been there to see bands. Definitely never seen anyone pull a knife or a gun except for times I've been there looking for trouble and knowing full well what I was getting into.

Back on topic, Teen Dream continues in a great direction, I'm really digging it lately. Beach House are one of the best doing dream pop stuff these days in my opinion. Never fails to hold my attention and suck me in the whole way through.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote