Music Banter - View Single Post - Has the world become too PC?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #50 (permalink)
Harry
Account Disabled

In the case, I'm pretty positive it was not about being "Italian-America" and what not. According to the information provided, it was more about being "black" VS "white," which is race, not ethnic background.

Not sure where you're going with your post, but the point of including that article is to provide an example on how PC goes too far, e.g. the tests were disposed of because "white" firefighters did too well, and the "black" firefighters did not follow suit, so they did not want all the "whites" to earn the promotion. It runs along with, I don't know if you have heard of this, but "affirmative action" and such. It is basically minorities receiving better treatment than white people, because of slave reparations and ridiculous beliefs like that. I don't know on you, but I have never owned a slave, nor have I ever segregated between blacks and whites, so if I were in America applying for that job, I would expect fair treatment in regards to employment and promotion opportunity.

And that, my friend, is why I posted the article. "Italian-American" aside, because ethnic background is trivial in this example.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote