Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #3680 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Cheers man.

1. What Winter Holidays do you celebrate?
Christmas

2. Do you gain weight around this time of year?
yes

3. What is your ideal holiday?
As long I hear my favorite Christmas albums it doesn't matter what happens especially Elvis Presley, The Ventures, Paul Revere and the Raiders, The BEach Boys Christmas albums.

4. Do you visit anywhere this time of year?
sometimes, I visit relatives.

5. Stay inside with hot coco or build a snowman?
hot coco

6. Be honest now... don't you find the concept of Santa Claus a little creepy?

I don't know Santa Claus is the spokesman of Christmas, I don't know how other people feel about Christmas, to me it is a quaint time of year steeped in a long tradition. I remember I ask my friend who is a Yaweh Witness about Christmas and boy did he let me have it, how it was all base in pagan traditions etc, but I was only thinking about his experience during Christmas, it didn't matter if it was secular or religious, I was thinking more about Christmas as a cultural event. I've heard stories of how the American version of Santa Claus had a make-over from advertisement campaign by Coca-Cola in the 1930's. One interesting conspiracy theory put forth is that Santa Claus is Odin in disguise.

So yeah Santa Claus creeps me out, because he doesn't take good care of animals, his one reindeer has Chronic Bioluminescent-Rhinitis and he's yet to take it to a veteranarian.

7. What is the best Xmas present you ever received?

Les Paul, Grady Martin, Hank Garland compilation.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote