Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #2186 (permalink)
daydreamdani
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
My last name is Duvall, and we're descendants of Claude Du Val. He was one of the most famous highwaymen in the 18th century. He was born in France, but he moved to England and started robbin' niggas. They finally caught him when he was passed out in a tavern and somebody ratted him out. They hung him and like 60 women showed up to his funeral. He was known as the Gentleman Highwayman.
That is so rad! My last name is Griggs, and were descendants of the McGreggors. I don't know too much about our family history, but I've heard stories about how a long time ago we changed it to Griggs to keep our sons from being murdered. I'm not sure if it's just drunken paranoid stories from Irish relatives or if it's true. Either way it makes a nice story to listen to. One day I shall know the truth.
I'm still trying to get through A Separate Peace. It's winter break and I don't want to read. Plus I accidentally saw a spoiler to the end. I hate you Wikipedia.