Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favourite album of 2009
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #82 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by +81 View Post
I don't care who likes or dislikes whatever but have those who have dismissed the hyped albums even given them a listen or are you just being anti-mainstream for the sake of it?
I think this is a bit of a cop out of an argument.

I dislike things because I dislike them, not because they are popular.

Music changes all the time and so does the stuff that gets hyped by the media. It just so happens at the moment I hate probably 99% of the albums hyped by the mainstream indie media. Is it my fault they're hyping music I have no particular affinity for?

I don't see how it can be. A few years ago things might have been different, but if you think i'm going to endlessly listen to albums I find dull to justify having an opinion then think again. I've not heard the whole of the Grizzly Bear album, but I heard their last one and i've heard a few songs off this one and to be honest there was nothing in that stuff that suggested to me I was listening to anything mind blowingly amazing or original or even that great. I think that's enough to form an opinion on it without subjecting myself to the rest of it.

I just like what I like. I don't care how many other people listen to something. It matters not to me if one other person likes an album or 1 million other people like an album.

Life is far too short to waste time listening to something over & over again to please someone elses opinion of something.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote