Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favourite album of 2009
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #84 (permalink)
+81
Rats off to ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

I dislike things because I dislike them, not because they are popular.
That's how it should be but unfortunately some people are the latter.

Quote:

Music changes all the time and so does the stuff that gets hyped by the media. It just so happens at the moment I hate probably 99% of the albums hyped by the mainstream indie media. Is it my fault they're hyping music I have no particular affinity for?
I never stated you have to like what's being hyped, simply listen to it before dismissing for the reason that it's hyped.

Quote:

I don't see how it can be. A few years ago things might have been different, but if you think i'm going to endlessly listen to albums I find dull to justify having an opinion then think again. I've not heard the whole of the Grizzly Bear album, but I heard their last one and i've heard a few songs off this one and to be honest there was nothing in that stuff that suggested to me I was listening to anything mind blowingly amazing or original or even that great. I think that's enough to form an opinion on it without subjecting myself to the rest of it.
I'd agree that is enough to form an opinion on however, if you don't listen to it at all, that opinion is pretty worthless.

Quote:
I just like what I like. I don't care how many other people listen to something. It matters not to me if one other person likes an album or 1 million other people like an album.
Good, I never said it should be any other way.

Quote:
Life is far too short to waste time listening to something over & over again to please someone elses opinion of something.
Why would listening to something force you to form the opinion as anyone but yourself?

+81 is offline   Reply With Quote