Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #4835 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

saw Avatar

first off, see it in 3D, it's honestly worth that. in fact, seeing the MASSIVE world, the detailed creatures, plants and overall look of the movie is probably the main, if not only reason to see it in the first place.

so yeah, visually they went into great detail, but maybe it was too much detail, because after about 2 and a half hours of movie, i barely knew anything about the characters other than the marine and one or two other people. there was almost no fleshing out of the characters, in fact when i started hearing their names being mentioned in the later half i had no idea who was who. that was a shame, because there were people that i felt needed a little more explanation on why they were there and seemed like they had an interesting story to tell.

storywise, it was pretty ok, and yeah, i didn't mind that it had borrowed from other movies, but a few parts felt a bit unexplained or a little too convenient for the plot. i will say though, that it did find a pretty good balance between the more action and more lighthearted moments, especially what followed after the military attacked Hometree. i wil say that this movie really did keep me entertained, even for it's flaws.

so in short, GREAT visuals. everything else, ehh, but for not only the length but the time Cameron wittled away on it (15 ****ing years) there should have been ALOT more to it than some pretty graphics. still, if what i mentioned is not a big deal to you, you'll find that this is a pretty entertaining ride and in all not too bad a movie.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?

Last edited by Antonio; 12-28-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote