Music Banter - View Single Post - Trance!
Thread: Trance!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 03:38 AM   #75 (permalink)
wickedlk
It's my Mau5head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDiz View Post
Popular, yes, the best - no TBH. Not anymore that is. I have heard every single ASOT up to date and episodes from 100 to let's say about 250 is IMO most epic era of ASOT. Now every week I hear new episode I'm only reminded just how boring the current trance scene is.

Corsten's Countdown wipes the floor with ASOT any day.
I beg to differ, I think there's a lot of great stuff out there at the moment and plenty of new talent that keeps pushing the genre forward. People like Gareth Emery, Mat Zo, Ronski Speed etc. have all released some cracking material recently that really deserves credit.

I've never listened to Corsten's Countdown in all fairness so can't really comment and from what I can see, it isn't played on any station in the UK and there's no podcast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Frankie View Post
I like the more progressive side of Trance, have you checked out Cass? I was really into trance a few years ago but haven't been digging the scene much lately. EDIT: Check out these labels for some great trance artists Spundae Fire
I thought Cass was more a House/Techno producer? I know he does some progressive stuff but it's definitely toward the house end of the spectrum.