Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favourite album of 2009
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #95 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
No offense, but the fact that so many of you can only talk about Animal Collective at this point is getting kinda meh. There has been quite the variety of great releases, a couple of major standouts even, from jazz to black metal to punk to prog. to friggin' chiptune this year, but most of its not gonna get one nickel's worth a mention cause none of you have the balls to listen to anything outside of Indie or Post-whatever circles.

Also, if nobody is going to bother posting another favorite album, this thread might as well be closed...so lets see some cool 2009 records! :P
Offense taken.
"We're" talking about a lot of different releases, but this thread is supposed to be about our favorite album, as in - singular. I can list plenty of other albums that I really liked this year, and probably have in one of the many threads dedicated to the topic, from a variety of different genres.

Now, I don't particularly care for any of the genres you've mentioned and am old enough to know my musical preferences by now. So if I choose not to listen to a particularly lauded death metal album, it's not that I'm narrow minded (or lack the balls to listen to it), it's that there's no chance whatsoever I'm gonna like listening to a bunch of Norwegians screaming about their love for Satan. It just ain't my thang.

So, I don't mind it if people don't listen to every goddamn album put out this year by an asshole with a studio in his basement, there just isn't enough time. But I would mind it if someone refused to listen to an album PURELY because of the praise it's been getting, even though they don't appear to have any hangups about listening to other albums of similar genres. That's silly and childish. But in Alfred's defense, he is like 12 or something.

FYI, I think Animal Collective and Grizzly bear have put out a masterpiece this year and deserve all the praise they're getting, haterz be damned.

And yes, I really think there are plenty of people on this forum who tend to automatically think less of an album purely because of all the critical acclaim it's been getting. Lame but true. :/

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote