Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #978 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Sent by Bulldog.

Not my style of cover artwork but still pretty cool.

As for the album itself:
I was kind of disappointed at first, regarding the extreme change of style from the previous works, specially in the lyrical content. After searching the story behind this album, seems that is the first album after Nick Cave's drug rehabilitation, so having so many optimistic loving lyrics was kind of expected. However, getting more into the songs the whole lyrics, at a time annoying, just vanished for the music. Throughout the album, you can just imagine Nick Cave singing in front of his piano, and maybe that alone could've made this album work. His voice mixed with the piano's is so powerful, you naturally forget everything else and get immersed in this whole atmosphere. Listening to that album, I always feel outside, in the middle of the night with the chilly breeze playing in my hair.

It was a good experience. It does need some time to cope with the change, but as a whole, this album succeeds in sucking you in completely.
Top stuff also Bulldog and I LOVED the couple of extra songs you sent with the album thanks.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote