Music Banter - View Single Post - The Musicbanter 2009 Awards - Voting Round, yarr!!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #62 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
Some people like the product others just like the way the product was made. I have to say I'm a part of the people that are more interested in the way the product was made.

I truly cherish trivia and the story behind the song, the movie, the painting or the book. Nothing better than knowing why Clapton wrote Layla, and I guess that's I why I do love that song, or that John Lennon wrote She said, She said after a stoned Peter Fonda kept repeating that he knows how it's like to be dead etc... etc...

And that doesn't exclude my own work. I prefer working on something than finishing it. Cause, for me, finishing something will just mean the end of what I'm doing, and won't give me a certain kind of accomplishment. It's just a taste, just like any other thing in life.
I appreciate the making of fully but if the song was bad at the end of it, then that effect would diminish.

I am digressing but I love making of docs of films on DVD's but if the film was bad then I wouldn't watch the making of in the first place.

The end product is what is presented to me and it has to appeal to me for me to reach back and enjoy it's inception.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”