Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 03:12 AM   #982 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Nothing like hearing a good review of an album of your's for an ego boost

It's great to hear you enjoyed it that much. Never really had a problem with the lyrics myself. I mean, even if a lot of the sentiments behind the songs are a bit done, Cave's a writer with the lyrical flair of Leonard Cohen, which is hardly a bad thing. I think another thing that did this album a lot of favours with me is that I bought this live DVD of his around the time I got this album (from the long-since closed Polar Bear second-hand place in Oxford - RIP) which had, as an extra, a fly-on-the-wall documentary of the recording sessions. It's on youtube somewhere, and it's fascinating stuff. Even if there isn't a single studio recording from the album on youtube, you'd be surprised at all the interesting little clips you can find about the album.

If you liked it, you should definitely get yourself a copy of the Boatman's Call. Not quite as good as No More Shall We Part, but another absolutely gorgeous, similar kind of ballad-oriented work (though much more raw). Should be easy to find on blogs if you want it, as unfortunately I'm not in a position to upload stuff for the next week or two.

My review of Rickenbacker's album's in the pipeline too...
Will try to get it, and I think I'll most surely check some of the videos on youtube. I've been a fan of Nick Cave long before I heard any of his original songs or owning any of his albums. It was simply after seeing him on tv, in a concert, that I got instantly fascinated. And till these days, I enjoy immensely seeing him outside the boundaries of a studio album.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote