Music Banter - View Single Post - Artists That 'Overdo It'
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Agreed on the account of Dream Theatre, I think they definitely overdo it and not for the sake of their music but for the sake of being wanks.

I don't think Tool overdo it, nor do I think they are pretentious. How are they pretentious about their lyrics and song structure? I think it is their fans that make them so hatable. Most of their fans build them up to be some kind of demi-gods of music, and most of their fans are pretentious when it comes to Tool's style and choice of the structure of their music. I don't think Tool set out to be over-the-top in the way that we're talking about.
Their fans are annoying. I just think that Tool tries to be this strange band simply because they feel like it will get them cool points. That is why they attract many idiots. The idiots think that Tool is the most experimental and philosophical band on the planet.

I don't necessarily hate Tool. As I said, I love Jones. I prefer A Perfect Circle over Tool because I think that A Perfect Circle is much more relaxed and just tries to play good music instead of trying to look really strange.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote