Music Banter - View Single Post - Artists That 'Overdo It'
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
Their fans are annoying. I just think that Tool tries to be this strange band simply because they feel like it will get them cool points. That is why they attract many idiots. The idiots think that Tool is the most experimental and philosophical band on the planet.

I don't necessarily hate Tool. As I said, I love Jones. I prefer A Perfect Circle over Tool because I think that A Perfect Circle is much more relaxed and just tries to play good music instead of trying to look really strange.
Yeah definitely, their fans, IMO, are the most annoying aspect of Tool. But I honestly don't think they try to be 'strange' to simply get them cool points. I don't even think they're really that strange or experimental or amazingly different. And I hate the fans (which happens to be most of them) who think that Tool are the most philosophical and experimental band on the planet and put them on such a huge pedestal.

I can see how you'd think they're are a bit overdone but I don't think they set out to do this purposefully to gain kudos.