Music Banter - View Single Post - Which Form Of Music Has The Most Ridiculous Sub-genres?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 12:09 AM   #32 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

every genre of music has a crazy amount of subgenres...the reason i think metal is so interesting is because of how die hard its fans are about supporting such a specific subgenre. this thread proves this point.

if i saw an electronic fan and made fun of the fact that he only listens to a certain subgenre i don't think he would really make such a fuss out of it. if you ask a black metal fan wtf the difference between black and death metal is they are going to get really pissy and probably not be friends with you. now...in metal's defence i CAN see a difference between black and death metal...i'm just making a point.

the other big thing that sets metal apart is how STRICT they are with the labeling. i'll give any music a chance and if a band is trying to grow by changing a little, i'm all for it. metal fans will totally leave a band in the dust for introducing a line of clean vocals or using a thrash riff when it should be black.

not that any of this is bad...just very interesting. watch metal: a headbanger's journey...its like a culture all its own...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote