Music Banter - View Single Post - Artists That 'Overdo It'
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #34 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Dunno why people love to bitch just because a song is longer than 5 minutes, but whatever floats your boat I s'pose.

Some highlights on artists overdoing it-

Emerson, Lake & Palmer: People who don't know any better LOVE to whine about Yes and Genesis (probably because they have ADD), but it was really only ELP that took the concept of prog. rock to the point where it became truly tedious for even fans of the genre. It started with their album Brain Salad Surgery, but after that its like they buckled under the sheer weight of their pointlessness for the remainder of the 70's. Also, their live performances made Peter Gabriel's costume parties look almost humble, lol.

Kanye West: Yes, we know your albums don't always suck. So why do you act like your the only one on the planet doing music anymore, consciously choosing to make an ass out of yourself at every opportunity you get in the limelight?

Muse: It must be fun opening for U2 all the time while pretending to be some kind of modern prog. group. Exogenesis Symphony? Really? Give me a fucking break.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote