Music Banter - View Single Post - Who's going to see Avatar?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #114 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

I guess I can say the film was: meh.

Breathtaking visuals, of course, but the story was just one of those stories that you've already seen so many times. Tho I have to say, people that don't know much about films, should just shut up and stop acting so superior. It's like "Omg, I can't believe what the whole fuss is about... it's such an average a movie!" and bla and bla and blah...

What people don't understand is: the big deal is not with how cool the creatures are, and how magnificent this whole new planet is. It's not something technologically new, it's just the grand imagination of our buddy Cameron. What's new, and what's been said to be revolutionary, is a whole new technique used for the first time in the movie-making industry.
If anyone remembers how huge it was with the Planet of the Apes remake. It was the first time, using only make-up on actors, they created these creatures that very much looked genuine, and very human-like. Some years later, it was in The Polar Express, with this whole new technology: there was Tom Hanks wearing this costume that would copy all his movements into a digital animation. And they've been trying to come up with other ways to bring "acting with actors" into this whole surreal world, using technology or just make-up. Finally, this film had just succeeded, and with perfection. Every "blue creature" was just an actor playing, without the whole make-up covering his face expressions, and without him re-dubbing the whole dialogue. It was genuine acting. There was no computers mimicking, it was just them acting on a simple stage, and the whole data was saved for the director to work on it.

You just have to watch the movie, and look closely at those delicate face details, when they're laugh or when they're sad, and especially when they were on the verge of crying, and then just tell me that there was no breakthrough in the world of cinema.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote