Music Banter - View Single Post - What band got you really into music
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I've never had that problem admitting I like certain stuff, hell I even through a Green Day album on my top 10 favorite punk albums. Bands like Blink 182 and Sum 41 are a great band to slowly bring people into music, they're like the Fisher Price of music. True with many people they use those bands as an entry, then start to go back and see who influenced them, and who they're influencing now. Some stuff stays, some stuff you grow out of, how I'd never immediately stop liking something just because I was becoming friends with someone who didn't like them. I've had this discussion with an old friend from high school who went from becoming the biggest Radiohead fan in 6 months, to hating them 6 months later. Personally I don't care for Radiohead much so I was happy to see them go, but the circumstances in which they went were not truthful. Like what you like and fuck what others think, that's rock 'n roll.
Couldn't be more true. I will never hide anything I've listened to...in fact it is an interesting conversation topic when I bring up bands people make fun of these days. Maybe embarrassing is too strong of a word, but the feeling is more for me personally. Like going back to an old band and remembering them being so expert and now hearing them compared to a lot of the great stuff I listen to these days...it is a weird feeling.

Oh and David Bowie is the man...no artist has covered more ground and done it with such talent.
duga is offline   Reply With Quote