Music Banter - View Single Post - Well the votes are in!
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
TotalHenshin
Groupie

Default Well the votes are in!

Metacritic's Best of 2009 list

Scroll down to the bottom. Apparently MPP by Animal Collective has garnered both the highest mentions in critics' top ten lists, as well as the most "#1" votes. I can't say I'm surprised. I definitely have to agree with it. I can't say I've listened to a better album since it released all the way back in January. It is widely responsible for the majority of my 362 AC plays according to Last.fm. It is my personal album of the year.

Isn't it funny though that other high top ten mentions like I And Love And You and Middle Cyclone didn't get a high metascore though (compared with MPP's 89)? Or how about the two highest scoring albums don't get even one mention in any of the lists? I'll grant Nirvana's album came out not too long ago, but Live in London came out several months ago (and it was pretty good live album at that).

So what do you think of the list and its "discrepancies"? Anything super-surprising? Also, for the non-rap users, take it on good faith with me that the Raekwon album was great.