Music Banter - View Single Post - That 70's Thread - Anteater's Reviews Of Cool **** You Should Already Have
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
4ZZZ
Forever young

I like this thread a lot. Your reviews are well written and thoughtful and without any over the top criticism. Just how I like it. Congrats Anteater.

Comments on a couple of reviews. I being a very ancient individual compared to the vast majority of the people around here (haa haa) got Rainbow Rising on release and Pampered Menial came into my possession about 4 years after it's release. Because I had them originally on vinyl I actually downloaded both these albums out of curiosity last year to see how they stood the test of time. I tended to find Rising rather cliqued after thinking it was a fine album once. The lyrics are not to my taste nowadays and I also find the keyboard work less to the fore than I once remembered. In fact out of the Blackmore Purple and solo works that I had the only one that still gives me a thrill is In Rock.

Pampered Menial is the same though I suspect that is because the songs have not stood the test of time. Also Surkamp's voice is a mood voice for me. Either in or not. I am sure I once read he was big in Italy or something.