Music Banter - View Single Post - The Musical Thoughts of +81
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
+81
Rats off to ya!

Over the Christmas break I’ve refrained from downloading much new music, instead just focusing more on what I already have. In doing so I’ve discovered some albums hidden in my collection that I’ve come to love. So my trusty ipod has been going steady and I’m also happy to be back with my turntable. Unfortunately my ipod had to be restored right before I left forcing me to leave artists out from around S-Z. No matter, I’ve got more than enough to keep me happy and my ears busy.

So here we go.

I'd heard the name Of Montreal tossed around for quite a while never cared too much to look into them. I had few songs on my computer from comps and such and I liked the song 'Sleeping in the Beetle Bug' enough to download their album Cherry Peel.

Most songs on the album aren't amazing but they have a messy ignorant charm to them but also pieces that well planned out and executed. There's spots in the album that can get a little cheesy but that's okay. I think

Some favorite lyrics:

"I want to marry all of my closest friend and live in a big house"

"Tim, I wish you were a girl..."
It's kind of a sad and cute song at the same time. The narrator is saying if Tim were born a girl it would have been easier and less confusing to deal with his feelings for him at such a young age. Now he's matured and understands they can be together regardless but he regrets the time they could have had together.

Favorite songs: Sleeping in the Beetle Bug, Montreal

+81 is offline   Reply With Quote